Internal Headerbackground image will change according to page
The Rivers of Grosse Pointe's "Assisted Living" program will be the ideal solution for seniors who value their independence, yet need some help with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and medication reminders. Our Team focus will be on individual wellness and encourage continued independence with a tailored plan of assistance provided by well-trained staff that will be available 24-hours a day. Assisted Living is not only a home-like, resident-centered alternative to many nursing homes, but at The Rivers Grosse Pointe, it will be a completely different option to consider when a senior doesn’t require intensive 24 / 7 skilled nursing care.
Individual residents will have their own priorities and preferences right from the beginning, we will meet with each resident and family before they move in - and at regular intervals afterwards - to help determine appropriate care and service. A team of our community professionals comprised of the executive director, assisted living coordinator, health care coordinator, and our designated care manager will then work together to create an individualized plan that will be monitored on a daily basis. Whatever the resident's needs, our well-trained team will be dedicated to fulfilling them with respect and compassion. All Rivers Grosse Pointe team members are selected to serve seniors because of their big-hearted approach and our focus is on providing care while preserving each resident’s dignity, encouraging independence and best enabling freedom of choice. The plan may include help with personal hygiene and grooming, dressing and clothes selection, showering and bathing, assistance with eating, continence management, mobility, socialization and medication management.
Our Assisted Living residents will enjoy living spaces designed for comfort and confidence, with a choice of attractive, carpeted apartments with a full bath. Residents can choose to bring their own furniture if they prefer. Every apartment will also be equipped with an emergency call response system for added confidence. The Rivers of Grosse Pointe will provide the following:
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident sponsored clubs for a variety of interest.
- Three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day.
- Trained staff available 24 hours a day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
- Weekly personal laundry (except dry-cleaning)
- Social and educational programs for families
- Scheduled resident and family meetings
- Maintenance of building and grounds