In the immortal words of George Burns, “You can’t help getting older, but you don’t have to get old.”
You’re definitely not ready for a “retirement home” or an “old folks’ home”! You’re still the same fun loving person you were in your earlier years. Sure, the age numbers are changing, but your attitudes haven’t changed and you still enjoy many of the things you’ve always enjoyed. You’re young at heart. Maintaining your independence and continuing your active lifestyle is important to you, but it’s time to start a new chapter. Those are the things we celebrate at The Rivers Grosse Pointe!
The Rivers Grosse Pointe is Reinventing Retirement!
The Rivers Grosse Pointe is a vibrant, active senior living community, where members enjoy resort-style living similar to that of a luxury hotel or cruise ship. Spacious, well-appointed studio, 1-bedroom, and 2-bedroom independent living apartments feature:
- Gracious living/dining areas
- Gourmet kitchens with granite counter-tops, stainless steel sinks with disposals, refrigerators, built-in dishwashers, and self-cleaning electric ovens with ranges
- In-home washers and dryers
- Luxurious ceramic tile bathrooms with walk-in showers
- Abundant closet space
An all-inclusive monthly service fee also includes utilities, telephone service, basic Direct TV, and housekeeping.
Cooking is optional. With your own in-apartment kitchen, you can still cook your own meals (if you’re so inclined), bake cookies with your grandkids, or entertain friends and family – or not! Each month, you will receive a dining allowance to purchase meals at one of The Rivers’ eateries.
At some point, if you find that you need additional assistance with the tasks of daily living, The Rivers’ team will help you transition to an Assisted Living suite.
Amenities and Services
In addition to your luxury apartment home, access to the eateries, and bi-weekly housecleaning services, The Rivers’ all-inclusive monthly service fee includes access to the following first-class amenities and services:
- Concierge and valet services
- On-site Library with computers
- Complimentary Wi-Fi for members and guests
- Beauty/hair salon by appointment (credit cards and room charges accepted – additional fees may apply)
- Private fitness center
- Chapel with regular faith-based services
- Heated, indoor saltwater pool
- Transportation for scheduled trips, shopping, and activities in the Grosse Pointes and the surrounding communities
- Private dining room for family gatherings and special occasions (reservations are required)
Members also have access to a full calendar of engaging social activities.
Without all that time consuming home maintenance, you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy a swim or an aqua aerobics class in the heated, saltwater pool; take a trip to the exercise room and join a chair aerobics or yoga class; or head out to enjoy a morning with your golf league. You’ll have more time to enjoy hobbies and pursue your interests too! The Rivers Grosse Pointe offers members a full calendar of activities. The opportunities to socialize with friends and neighbors are plentiful and varied. Seriously, you’ll wonder how you ever had time for all that time consuming, around-the-house stuff.
The best is yet to come! A picture may paint a thousand words, but a visit might just change your life. There’s a lot of life to live at The Rivers Grosse Pointe. Call or click to “Schedule a Visit.”